Sunday, October 26, 2014

Dark Mornings

Dark Mornings know me best
they get the fears that I confess.
The cold heart that I've grown to know
will never let me begin to grow.

Fear of love, Fear of hate.
Fear of the future and what it holds.
Fear of people and their thoughts.
Fear of losing my own hope.

People pass me day to day
wondering how I became this way.
The loss of love, the loss of faith.
The loss of people along the way.

Afraid of giving to much love.
Afraid of being stepped on.
Afraid of not reaching my potential.
Afraid of you being completely gone.

My tears won't appear tonight
Im all cried dry.
Scarlet drops replace them now.
Im dead inside and out.

Scared of letting myself go.
Scared of letting the world know.
Scared of what you do to me.
Making me be completely free.


2 comments:

  1. This was amazing and I loved every bit of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved how short and simple this was. and the picture quote at the end is so relatable. #stolen.

    ReplyDelete