Sunday, November 30, 2014

To: High School From: Canyon

Man, High School. Why you so lame?
I thought you were going to be the time of my life but life has passed and all I'm left with is an empty bottle and loneliness.
You weren't meant to be this way.
full of sorrow, guilt and regret.
and I'm only 18.
My parent's think I have everything in check but I have no clue what I am doing.
I think I've changed from the girl I used to be.
And I miss her. Alot.
She was funny and loud.
She was one for the crowd.
But I'm on fast-forward heading for adulthood and sadly, I have to leave her behind.
and I'm only 18.
Another year rounding and sooner or later you'll be over.
But I'm not ready for that.
I'm not ready for the bills and meals.
I'm not ready for the gas and tax.
Just stay a little longer, please.
Just go a little slower, please.
Cause maybe I can change your fate.
I can be more out of this world and care-free.
I'm guessing it's bout time I be.
Cause I'm only 18 and life is ahead of me.

1 comment:

  1. I think the more we think about how fast life is zipping by the faster it seems to go. Life is ahead but there is so much to look forward to. Life is good!

    ReplyDelete